About CA – Chartered Accountancy Course Details – Become Chartered Accountant
Content in this Article
About CA – Chartered Accountancy Course
CA is the short form that is used for Chartered accountancy. In this article, we’ve provided the Chartered Accountant course details including the CA course structure, eligibility criteria for CA,Syllabus, Admission/Registration, Fee and other details.
Who is Chartered Accountant
Chartered Accountants are professional people who work in the field of business and finance and their job encompasses areas like audits, taxation, company law, financial accounting and general management of companies. They can either work as self-employed professionals, or work as employees in public or private sector. As an employee, a C.A.’s basic job is to maintain accounts, complying the regulatory requirements and provide inputs on financial managements.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body set up by an
Act of Parliament, viz. The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No. XXXVIII of
1949) for the regulation of profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country. The
Institute functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate
Affairs, Government of India and is the second largest professional body of
Chartered Accountants in the world.
The Institute has its headquarters at New Delhi. In addition, it has five Regional Councils located in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur and New Delhi and 163 Branches spread all over the country. The Institute has also 30 chapters outside India.
CA Course Structure
The four stage procedure is as follows:
- CA CPT/Foundation – Any student who has passed 10th class or any course equivalent to that can apply for the Common Proficiency Course (CPC) first. Post qualifying for the 10+2 exam, a student has to then qualify in CPT exam.
- CA Inter/IPCC – the second stage in CA Course is CA Inter (earlier known as CA IPCC).
- CA Articleship – After the CPT IPCC, successful article-ship or training under an officially practicing C.A has to be done for 3 years.
- CA Final – Then comes to the CA Final stage.
Eligibility for CA IPCC / CA Inter Examination
- Before taking the Integrated Professional Competence (IPCC/Inter) Examination, the candidate must have qualified cpt.
- A minimum of 55% score is required for graduates/post graduates in commerce whereas other graduates or post graduates require a minimum of 60% to apply for CA.
- Candidates need to register 9 months prior to the exam and then complete a 100 hours of Information Technology Training.
Requirements for the CA Course
The following points need to be checked for becoming a CA
- Common Proficiency Test needs to be qualified
- Integrated Professional Competence Course needs to be qualified
- Three years Article ship or training has to be undergone under a Practicing Chartered accountant
- CA Final exams need to appeared for
When to register for CA Foundation/CPT Online
You have to register 60 days prior the first day of the month in which the exam happens.
Appearing for CA Foundation (earlier CA CPT) Exam
- A Student can appear for the chartered accountant course after 12th class and immediately register and appear for CPT/CA Foundation.
- Students need to wait for at least a minimum of 60 days post registering for the cpt.
- Students can only appear for the exam in the month of June/December exams if they register before 1st April or 1st October.
CA Articleship, ITT and Orientation
100 hours of ITT needs to be completed.
Orientation (15 days) and Information Technology training also need to be completed before undertaking the article ship. General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) – I Course has been merged with the syllabus of Orientation Programme since 2016.
The ITT and Orientation can be completed any time before undertaking the article ship.
IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course)
Both groups of IPCC can be appeared for together or Group 1 and Group 2 can be appeared for one after the other separately. To qualify in this exam, you need to secure 40% in each of the subjects and an aggregate of 55% overall.
Registering for Chartered Accountant Article-ship
Post qualifying IPCC Group 1 exam or both groups exams, the candidate is eligible for registering for the CA articleship under the supervision of a practicing chartered accountant. The period of article-ship is for 3 years.
Get Free Resume Templates in Word, PDF, Image Format. Creative, Stylish, Colorful & Unique Resume Templates.
When to appear for CA Final Course
Students need to appear for the Chartered Accountancy Final examination during the last six months of their ongoing article-ship and pass the CA final exams of both the groups. To qualify in the CA exams, you need to get 40% in each of the subjects and an aggregate of 50%.
Enrolling as a Member
Post all the examinations, when you successfully enroll yourself as a professional chartered accountant, you are all set and will be bestowed with the title of a “Chartered Accountant”.
CA Course Duration
The council has taken the decision of reducing the chartered accountant course duration from 5 years 3 months to 3.5 years.
- CA IPCC RTP Nov 2017 – Download Revision Test Papers pdf
- CA Foundation / CPT Registration Form 2018 – Register Online Here
- Revised CA Course 2017 applicable from 1st July 2017
- SuperProfs.com Classes Review – Student Problems, User Rating & FeedBack
- CA IPCC Application Form Nov 2017 – Online Procedure, Fee & Last Date
- CA IPCC Important Topics & Questions for Nov 2017 – By ICAI Members
- New CA Inter Syllabus – Revised IPCC Syllabus from 2018
- CA IPCC Mock Test Papers Nov 2017 & Solutions | Practice before IPCC Exam
- CA IPCC Suggested Answers Nov 2017 – Group 1 & 2 Solutions ICAI
- CPT Exam Form December 2017 – Last Date for Online Application, Fee,
- Tax – IPCC Question Papers Nov 2017 with Suggested Answer
- Tips to Prepare IPCC while doing CA Articleship or Job
- CA IPCC Admit Card Nov 2017 – ICAI Admit Card Released – icaiexam.icai.org
- IPCC Study Plan for Nov 2017 Preparation – 3 Months Schedule
- CA IPCC Time Table Nov 2017 – Exam Date Sheet, Fee, Online Form
- CA IPCC Books for Self study May 2018 – IPCC Reference Books by Toppers
- Download CPT Question Paper June 2017 with Answer Key
- CA Salary 2017 for CA Final Toppers, Freshers, 1st Attempt
- CA Final Exam Date Sheet Nov 2017 – Time Table, Fees, Last Date
- CA Inter Registration Procedure for May 2018 – Fee, Due Date, Required Documents
- ICAI Registration 2018 – CPT / CA Foundation Online Form Last Date, Fee
- CA Foundation Syllabus 2018 – Revised CPT Course by ICAI
- CA Toppers Interview May 2017 – CA Final 1st 2nd 3rd Rankers – ICAI Exams
- ICITSS Registration for CA Inter – Fee, Eligibility, Dress Code & Syllabus Details
- CA IPCC Study Material for Nov 2017 – Download in pdf
- CPT Study Material for Dec 2017 – Both Hindi & English
- CA Foundation Course – Registration, Eligibility, Fee, Syllabus
- CPT Time Table Dec 2017 – Exam Date, Online Application, Fee Details
- CPT Reference Books for Preparation – Best Suggested Books
- CA Vs B.Com+MBA which is better ? Who earns more salary
- CA Foundation Study Material for May 2018 – New Ca Course
- CA Inter Course – Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Fee Details
- How to Clear CA IPCC with 1 Month Preparation – IPCC Study Tips