Check out the latest UPSC Mains Bengali Syllabus 2020. Bengali subject is one of the optional papers in UPSC IAS Mains Exam. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Mains Syllabus, Now we are providing UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus for Bengali Paper. There is only “ONE” optional subject to choose from the list of optional subjects which are given below. It comprises of two papers each of 250 marks. So, the optional paper has total 500 marks. In UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam, Bengali is one of the Optional Subjects and consists of 2 papers. Each paper is of 250 marks with a total of 500 marks. Find below the UPSC Syllabus for Bengali Optional Subject.
Also Check: UPSC Mains Optional Subjects List
Content in this Article
UPSC Bengali Syllabus
UPSC Mains Part B – Optional Subjects
Subject: Bengali Main Examination Syllabus
Download UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus in Pdf
UPSC Mains Bengali Syllabus Paper 1
|UPSC Mains Bengali Syllabus Paper 2|
UPSC Mains Bengali Syllabus PAPER – I
History of Language and Literature. Answers must be written in Bengali.
Topics from the History of Bangla language
- The chronological track from Proto Indo-European to Bangla (Family tree with branches and approximate dates).
- Historical stages of Bangla (Old, Middle, New) and their linguistic features.
- Dialects of Bangla and their distinguishing characteristics.
- Elements of Bangla Vocabulary.
- Forms of Bangla Literary Prose- Sadhu and Chalit.
- Processes of language change relevant for Bangla.
Apinihiti (Anaptyxis), Abhishruti (umlaut), Murdhanyibhavan (cerebralization), Nasikyibhavan (Nasalization), Samibhavan (Assimilation), Sadrishya (Analogy), Svaragama (Vowel insertion)-Adi Svaragama, Madhya Svaragama or Svarabhakti, Antya Svaragama, Svarasangati (Vowel hormony), yshruti and w-shruti.
- Problems of standardization and reform of alphabet and spelling, and those of transliteration and Romanization.
Phonology, Morphology, and Syntax of Modern Bangla. (Sounds of Modern Bangla, Conjuncts; word formations, compounds; basic sentence patterns.)
Also, Read Other Articles
|UPSC Notification 2019||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC Prelims Question Papers|
Topics from the History of Bangla Literature.
- Periodization of Bangla Literature: Old Bangla and Middle Bangla.
- Points of difference between modern and pre-modern Bangla Literature.
- Roots and reasons behind the emergence of modernity in Bangla Literature.
- Evolution of various Middle Bangla forms Mangal kavya’s, Vaishnava lyrics, Adapted narratives (Ramayana, Mahabharata, Bhagavata) and religious biographies.
- Secular forms in middle Bangla literature.
- Narrative and lyric trends in the nineteenth century Bangla poetry.
- Development of prose.
- Bangla dramatic literature (nineteenth century, Tagore, Post-1944 Bangla drama).
- Tagore and post-Tagoreans.
- Fiction, major authors : (Bankimchandra, Tagore, Saratchandra, Bibhutibusan, Tarasankar, Manik).
- Women and Bangla literature: creators and created.
UPSC Mains Bengali Syllabus PAPER – II
Prescribed texts for close study. Answers must be written in Bengali.
- Vaishnava Padavali (Calcutta University) Poems of Vidyapati, Chandidas, Jnanadas, Govindadas and Balaramdas.
- Chandimangal Kalketu episode by Mukunda (Sahitya Akademi).
- Chaitanya Charitamrita Madya Lila, by Krishnadas Kaviraj (Sahitya Akademi).
- Meghnadbadh Kavya by Madhusudan Dutta.
- Kapalkundala by Bankimchandra Chattarjee.
- Samya and Bangadesher Krishak by Bankimchandra Chatterjee.
- Sonar Tari by Rabindranath Tagore.
Chhinnapatravali by Rabindranath Tagore.
- Raktakarabi by Rabindranath Tagore.
- Nabajatak by Rabindranath Tagore.
- Grihadaha by Saratchandra Chatterjee.
- Prabandha Samgraha Vol. 1, by Pramatha Choudhuri.
- Aranyak by Bibhutibhusan Banerjee
- Short stories by Manik Bandyo-padhyay : Atashi Mami, Pragaitihasik, Holud-Pora, Sarisrip, Haraner Natjamai, Chhoto-Bokulpurer Jatri, Kustharogir Bou, Jakey Ghush Ditey Hoy.
- Shrestha Kavita by Jibanananda Das.
- Jagori by Satinath Bhaduri.
- Ebam Indrajit by Badal Sircar.
Also Check Other Optional Subject’s Syllabus
UPSC Main Examination Part B – Optional Subjects
|Agriculture Main Syllabus||Assamese Main Syllabus|
In this website, We’ve provided UPSC Bengali Syllabus in pdf, UPSC Mains Bengali Previous Question Papers (Last 5 years), and how to prepare UPSC / IAS / Civil Services Mains Bengali Paper. Still, have any issues and queries regarding UPSC Bengali Subject, you can drop a comment below.