Check out the latest UPSC Mains Hindi Syllabus 2020. Hindi subject is one of the optional papers in UPSC IAS Mains Exam. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Mains Syllabus, Now we are providing UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus of Hindi Paper. There is only “ONE” optional subject to choose from the list of optional subjects which are given below. It comprises of two papers each of 250 marks. So, the optional paper has total 500 marks. In UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam, Hindi is one of the Optional Subjects and consists of 2 papers. Each paper is of 250 marks with a total of 500 marks. Find below the UPSC Syllabus for Hindi Optional Subject.
Also Check: UPSC Mains Optional Subjects List
Content in this Article
UPSC Hindi Syllabus
UPSC Mains Part B – Optional Subjects
Subject: Hindi Main Examination Syllabus
Download UPSC Mains Optional Subject Syllabus in Pdf
UPSC Mains Hindi Syllabus Paper 1
|UPSC Mains Hindi Syllabus Paper 2|
UPSC Mains Hindi Syllabus PAPER – I
(Answers must be written in Hindi)
History of Hindi Language and Nagari Lipi.
- I. Grammatical and applied forms of Apbhransh, Awahatta & Arambhik Hindi.
- II. Development of Braj and Awadhi as literary language during the medieval period.
- III. Early form of Khari-boli in Siddha- Nath Sahitya, Khusero, Sant Sahitaya, Rahim, etc. and Dakhni Hindi.
- IV. Development of Khari-boli and Nagari Lipi during the 19th Century.
- V. Standardisation of Hindi Bhasha & Nagari Lipi.
- VI. Development of Hindi as a national Language during the freedom movement.
- VII. The development of Hindi as a National Language of Union of India.
- VIII. Scientific & Technical development of Hindi Language.
- IX. Prominent dialects of Hindi and their inter- relationship.
- X. Salient features of Nagari Lipi and the efforts for its reform & Standard form of Hindi.
- XI. Grammatical structure of Standard Hindi.
Also, Read Other Articles
|UPSC Notification 2019||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC Prelims Question Papers|
History of Hindi Literature.
- I. The relevance and importance of Hindi literature and tradition of writing History of Hindi Literature.
- II. Literary trends of the following four periods of the history of Hindi Literature.
A. Adikal-Sidh, Nath and Raso Sahitya. Prominent poets-Chandvardai, Khusaro, Hemchandra, Vidyapati.
B. Bhaktikal-Sant Kavyadhara, Sufi Kavyadhara, Krishna Bhaktidhara and Ram Bhaktidhara. Prominent Poets-Kabir, Jayasi, Sur & Tulsi.
C. Ritikal-Ritikavya, Ritibaddhakavya & Riti Mukta Kavya. Prominent Poets-Keshav, Bihari, Padmakar and Ghananand.
D. Adhunik Kal
a. Renaissance, the development of Prose, Bharatendu Mandal.
b. Prominent Writers : Bharatendu, Bal Krishna Bhatt & Pratap Narain Mishra.
c. Prominent trends of modern Hindi Poetry : Chhayavad, Pragativad, Proyogvad, Nai Kavita, Navgeet and Contemporary poetry and Janvadi Kavita.
Prominent Poets : Maithili Sharan Gupta, Prasad, Nirala, Mahadevi, Dinkar, Agyeya, Muktibodh, Nagarjun.
III. Katha Sahitya
A. Upanyas & Realism
B. The origin and development of Hindi Novels.
C. Prominent Novelists : Premchand, Jainendra, Yashpal, Renu and Bhism Sahani.
D. The origin and development of Hindi short story.
E. Prominent short Story Writers : Premchand, Prasad, Agyeya, Mohan Rakesh & Krishna Shobti.
IV. Drama & Theatre
A. The origin & Development of Hindi Drama.
B. Prominent Dramatists : Bharatendu, Prasad, Jagdish Chandra Mathur, Ram Kumar Verma, Mohan Rakesh.
C. The development of Hindi Theatre.
A. The origin and development of Hindi criticism : Saiddhantik, Vyavharik, Pragativadi, Manovishleshanvadi & Nai Alochana.
B. Prominent critics : Ramchandra Shukla, Hajari Prasad Dwivedi, Ram Vilas Sharma & Nagendra.
VI. The other forms of Hindi prose-Lalit Nibandh, Rekhachitra, Sansmaran, Yatra-vrittant.
UPSC Mains Hindi Syllabus PAPER – II
(Answers must be written in Hindi) This paper will require first-hand reading of prescribed texts and will test the critical ability of the candidates.
Kabir: Kabir Granthawali, Ed, Shyam Sundar Das (First hundred Sakhis.)
- Surdas: Bhramar Gitsar, Ed. Ramchandra Shukla (First hundred Padas)
- Tulsidas: Ramchrit Manas (Sundar Kand) Kavitawali (Uttar Kand).
Employment News 31 May – 6 June 2014 www.employmentnews.gov.in 37
- Jayasi: Padmawat Ed. Shyam Sundar Das (Sinhal Dwip Khand & Nagmativiyog Khand)
- Bihari : Bihari Ratnakar Ed. Jagnnath Prasad Ratnakar (First 100 Dohas)
- Maithili : Bharat Bharati Sharan Gupta
- Prasad : Kamayani (Chinta and Sharddha Sarg)
- Nirala : Rag-Virag, Ed. Ram Vilas Sharma (Ram Ki Shakti Puja & Kukurmutta).
- Dinkar : Kurushetra
- Agyeya : Angan Ke Par Dwar (Asadhya Vina)
- Muktiboth : Brahma Rakshas
- Nagarjun : Badal Ko Ghirte Dekha Hai, Akal Ke Bad, Harijan Gatha.
- Bharatendu : Bharat Durdasha
- Mohan Rakesh : Ashad Ka Ek Din
- Ramchandra Shukla : Chintamani (Part I) (Kavita Kya Hai] Shraddha Aur Bhakti)
- Dr. Satyendra : Nibandh Nilaya-Bal Krishna Bhatt, Premchand, Gulab Rai, Hajari Prasad Dwivedi, Ram Vilas Sharma, Agyeya, Kuber Nath Rai.
- Premchand : Godan, Premchand ki Sarvashreshtha Kahaniyan, Ed. Amrit Rai/Manjusha – Prem Chand ki Sarvashreshtha Kahaniyan, Ed. Amrit Rai.
- Prasad : Skandgupta
- Yashpal : Divya
- Phaniswar Nath Renu : Maila Anchal
- Mannu Bhandari : Mahabhoj
- Rajendra Yadav : Ek Dunia Samanantar (All Stories)
Also Check Other Optional Subject’s Syllabus
UPSC Main Examination Part B – Optional Subjects
|Agriculture Main Syllabus||Assamese Main Syllabus|
In this website, We’ve provided UPSC Hindi Syllabus in pdf, UPSC Mains Hindi Previous Question Papers (Last 5 years), and how to prepare UPSC / IAS / Civil Services Mains Hindi Paper. Still, have any issues and queries regarding UPSC Hindi Subject, you can drop a comment below.