Check out UPSC Mains Philosophy Reference Books 2020 for Civil Services / IAS / IPS / IES exams. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Notification 2020 and UPSC Mains Philosophy Question Papers 2019. Now we are providing UPSC Mains Philosophy books for reference. Here we suggested famous IAS books with author and publication name for UPSC 2020 exam. Following are the Philosophy books are in Hindi medium and English. In our next article, we’ll provide UPSC Mains Philosophy Notes in pdf.
Also Check :
- UPSC Mains Philosophy Syllabus
- UPSC Mains Philosophy Previous Question Papers [2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013]
- UPSC Prelims Syllabus & Topics – IAS Prelims Exam Pattern
Content in this Article
IAS Mains Philosophy Exam Date 2020
IAS Mains Exam Update 2020: The Civil Services IAS Mains Exam will be held in June 2020. The Exam will be in two sessions, the morning session will be held between 9 AM and 12 PM while the evening sessions will be held between 12 PM and 5 PM.
UPSC IAS Mains Philosophy Exam 2020 will be held on June 2020
For more details about UPSC Exam Schedule, Date & Time
UPSC Mains Philosophy Reference Books 2020
- Ashok Verma (Symbolic logic)
- Dr. B.K. Lal (Contemporary Western Philosophy) – Buy from Amazon.in
- Dr. B.N. Singh (Ethics)
- Dr. C.D. Sharma
- Dr. C.D. Sharma (Indian Philosophy) – Buy from Amazon.in
- Dr. Daya Krishna (Western Philosophy) – Buy from Amazon.in
- Dr. Deo Raj
- Dr. Deo Raj (Indian Philosophy)
- Dr. Divakar Pathak (Indian Ethic)
- Dr. Franckena Thilly (Western Philosophy)
- Dr. Gauba – Buy from Amazon.in
- Dr. Hiriyanna – Buy from Amazon.in
- Dr. Irvin M. Copi
- Dr. J.P. Sood Vol IV
- Dr. Lakshmi Saxena
- Dr. Radha Krishnan
- Dr. V.P. Verma
- Dr. V.P. Verma (Western Ethic)
- Dr. Ya Mashiha
- Dr. Ya Mashiha (Western Philosophy)
- John Hick
- Lilly (Ethics) – Buy from Amazon.in
- Six ways of knowing by D.M. Datta.
About Philosophy Subject in UPSC Mains Exam
UPSC Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. The term was probably coined by Pythagoras (c. 570–495 BCE). Philosophical methods include questioning, critical discussion, rational argument, and systematic presentation. UPSC Classic philosophical questions include: Is it possible to know anything and to prove it? What is most real? However, philosophers might also pose more practical and concrete questions such as: Is there a best way to live? Is it better to be just or unjust (if one can get away with it)? Do humans have free will?
Why UPSC Reference Books / Suggested Books are Important
UPSC Reference Books can provide general background information (facts, definitions, dates, details), assistance in focusing your topic, quick access to important factual and statistical information, and references to other sources of information. It is, therefore, a good place to begin your research. Reference materials for UPSC IAS / IFS / IPS / IES Exams include almanacs, handbooks, encyclopedias, and dictionaries. To Prepare, UPSC Exams students should refer some suggested books by toppers. We’ve provided a few recommended books for IAS Preparation. These are books suggested by IAS Toppers.
View & Get the complete set of Reference Books for IAS Mains Philosophy subject 2020. We’ve provided the list of recommended books for IAS Mains Philosophy Paper. Share this article “UPSC Mains Philosophy Reference Books 2020 – IAS / IPS / IES” to other UPSC IAS / IES / IFS Aspirants and help them to crack UPSC Exams.